Diploma of Training Design and Development TAE50216
MCI’s Diploma of Training Design and Development is created for experienced trainers who are looking to develop advanced skills in designing learning programs, delivering training and conducting assessment. It covers the full learning cycle and is your gateway to exciting possibilities for career progression.
This diploma course is the perfect qualification to build on your vocational experience and previous training with more advanced design, development and assessment skills. This is your unique opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to fill a range of roles including: instructional designer, senior facilitator, learning and development manager, training and assessing consultant – to name a few!
This training design and development qualification also opens the doors for you to advance your career as an RTO manager, a lead assessor or validator in large organisations and a range of avenues in the vocational education sector. This is because it includes a broad spectrum of competencies such as developing and using assessment tools, creating learning and assessment strategies and learning resources that make a real difference to the way in which key concepts are embedded.
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is a nationally recognised qualification. The MCI blended option is structured as follows:
- Course Duration:You will have up to 12 months to complete your training from your course start date.
- Expected Study Hours: The TAE50216 course has an expected study time of 1200 hours. This equates to approximately 23 hours per week over 12 months.
- Assessment Methods: The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is assessed via the collation of evidence in to a portfolio. This evidence includes – responding to questions, self-assessment and self-reflection, evidence of projects, observation by peers and managers, the completion of case studies and by gathering of workplace documents.
- Entry Requirements: Suited to experienced trainers, designs and/or assessors working in a corporate Learning and Development environment. This course includes assessments that require practical application.
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
TAEDEL502 – Provide advanced facilitation practice
TAEASS503 – Lead assessment validation processes
TAELLN501 – Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
TAEPDD501 – Maintain and enhance professional practice
There are a range of assessment methods used for summative assessments, which can depend on the qualification.
Independent assessment tasks to assess a student’s knowledge of the subject, can include:
1. Written answer questions
2. Written answer questions based on case study or scenario
3. Other evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. screenshots, pictures, images etc.)
Workplace simulation tasks to help observe and assess a student’s performance and skills, including
1. Written answer questions based on case study or simulation
2. Production of documents, presentations or spreadsheets
3. Portfolio of evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. audio or video recordings, project work, research assignments etc.)
How to Apply
Please make sure you have read all the course information about units of study, duration, entry requirements, assessment information, job prospects etc.
1. To register your interest in a course: click on the ‘Register Your Interest’ link and complete the information required on the form.
2. A Now Training representative will contact you shortly to discuss your application.
3. You are required to attend a pre-training interview which includes a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment and complete the eligibility declaration form (in the case of students applying for Skills First Program Funding).