Diploma of Mental Health CHC53315
The Diploma in Mental Health qualification reflects the role of workers who provide services to clients in relation to mental health issues. Through our Diploma in Mental Health course, students can expect to learn how professionals provide counselling, referral, advocacy and education/health promotion services. Equipped with a diploma of mental health, workers are required to have high level specialist knowledge, skills and competencies especially in regard to laws affecting people with mental health issues, the range of services available to them and health issues related to mental health.
Prospective students are required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment and a Pre-Training Interview, administered by and to the satisfaction of the registered training provider – be at least 18 years of age, have good word processing and email skills as well as the ability to download and upload documents and information.
As part of this course, you will need to:
- Complete the application & enrolment documentation, provide proof of Australian residency, photo ID or alternatively, a birth certificate or current Passport
To achieve the qualification of Diploma of Mental Health CHC53315:
- The candidate must complete at least 160 hours work placement in a relevant mental health services setting. Evidence provided by the supervisor will contribute to assessment of the candidate’s ability to work at this level. Students enrolled in online study will be required to source their own suitable practical placement. The Registered Training Organisation will provide the host employer documents.
- Students who enrol into the online study option will be required to source their own suitable practical placement, however the relevant Registered Training Organisation will provide the host employer documents.
Students who choose to enrol in the blended classroom option, the relevant Registered Training Organisation will assist to source a suitable practical placement opportunity.
- A satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) will be required for all work placements.
- Immunisation certificate may be requested by the host employer.
If you have any questions about the course, please Contact Us