Diploma of Accounting FNS50217
This Diploma of Accounting online qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries, including tax agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Some roles this Diploma of Accounting online course will prepare you for include:
• Senior Financial Clerk
• Office Manager
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable Officer
• BAS Agent
There are entry requirements for this course, find out more under “Course Structure”.
Plus online short course in Xero or MYOB
You as an MCI Institute student will be able to get complimentary access to one of the following additional courses, once you have been marked competent in more than 50% of your course:
We have selected key accounting subjects that focus on core skills that will help you walk the professional path you’ve chosen. The Diploma of Accounting’s subject choices are informed by our corporate experience and firmly based on what you will truly need and value in your career in the finance world.
In the numbers business, having in-depth knowledge about accounting is paramount to help your company maintain its balance. If you are looking to gain thorough knowledge in financial reports, budgets, business information, and more, then this is the perfect diploma for you. The skills you will learn can be applied in various fields across industries!
- Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set; or
- Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent; or
- Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Need help with the entry requirements?
- Complete the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set with us and you may get credit for up to three units of competency in the Diploma of Accounting
- Complete the FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping with us and you may get credit for a considerable part of the Diploma of Accounting.
We welcome you with an orientation before you sharpen your pencil to get started learning the latest skills from the world of finance.
– FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information
– FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
– FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts
– FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
– FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
– FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information
– FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems
– BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
– FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
– FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
– FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
There are a range of assessment methods used for summative assessments, which can depend on the qualification.
Independent assessment tasks to assess a student’s knowledge of the subject, can include:
1. Written answer questions
2. Written answer questions based on case study or scenario
3. Other evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. screenshots, pictures, images etc.)
Workplace simulation tasks to help observe and assess a student’s performance and skills, including
1. Written answer questions based on case study or simulation
2. Production of documents, presentations or spreadsheets
3. Portfolio of evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. audio or video recordings, project work, research assignments etc.)
How to Apply
Please make sure you have read all the course information about units of study, duration, entry requirements, assessment information, job prospects etc.
1. To register your interest in a course: click on the ‘Register Your Interest’ link and complete the information required on the form.
2. A Now Training representative will contact you shortly to discuss your application.
3. You are required to attend a pre-training interview which includes a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment and complete the eligibility declaration form (in the case of students applying for Skills First Program Funding).