Certificate IV in Financial Services FNS41820
The nationally recognised FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services qualification will develop your knowledge and application of broad-ranging business activities in the financial services industry.
There is demand for qualified employees in the financial sector, with good opportunities for advancement. Communication, organisation, and risk management are at the heart of delivering effective customer service. From working with client on a personal level to secure funds, to managing corporate finance for shareholders and making investment decisions, the role of financial services is to plan to achieve specific financial goals.
This online course will teach you how to manage priorities, design and use spreadsheets, and build sustainable business relationships. You will learn how to implement professional practices, prepare budgets, perform reconciliations, and interpret financial markets information. Your knowledge of financial products and services will be developed so you can make recommendations and coordinate a small business customer portfolio.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- Hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or
CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Prospective students are required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment and a Pre-Training Interview, administered by and to the satisfaction of the registered Training Organisation and be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have good word processing and email skills as well as the ability to download and upload documents and information.
The FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services prepares you to be competitive in today’s job market. We have selected key subjects that focus on the core skills to help you walk the professional path you have chosen. These units are informed by our corporate experience and engagement with industry, to give you the skills and knowledge that you will truly need and value.
You will be immersed in a variety of simulated workplace environments and navigate through activities designed to get you practicing on-the-job performance and behaviour.
This qualification has a total of 13 units.
FNSINC411 Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
FNSFMK411 Perform reconciliations
FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
FNSINC412 Apply and maintain knowledge of financial products and services
FNSCUS412 Resolve disputes
FNSFMK403 Interpret financial markets information
FNSBNK411 Coordinate small business customer portfolios
FNSINC511 Conduct financial product research to support product recommendations
BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
BSBPMG426 Apply project risk management techniques
BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
- There are a range of assessment methods used for summative assessments, which can depend on the qualification.
- Independent assessment tasks to assess a student’s knowledge of the subject, can include: 1. Written answer questions; 2. Written answer questions based on case study or scenario; 3. Other evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. screenshots, pictures, images etc.)
- Workplace simulation tasks to help observe and assess a student’s performance and skills, including: 1. Written answer questions based on case study or simulation; 2. Production of documents, presentations or spreadsheets; 3. Portfolio of evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. audio or video recordings, project work, research assignments etc.)
You will graduate from the Certificate IV in Financial Services with the skills and qualifications to confidently work in many roles, such as:
- Finance Customer Service Officer
- Administrative Assistant
- Financial Services Administrator
- Banking Sales Consultant
- Finance Sector Team Leader
If you have any questions about the course, please Contact Us