Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices MSS40316
NTS offers a range of Manufacturing courses at the Certificate III and IV level that concentrate on practical implementation of Lean concepts and sustainable improvements in manufacturing environments.
The aim of Lean is to establish and maintain a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement within an organization. Lean relies on foundational concepts:
- Customer focus – value is only what the customer values.
- Eliminating waste – if it is not providing value then you don’t need it.
- Smooth flow – leveling out any variations to achieve a consistent flow of processes.
- Efficiency – managing efficiencies along the supply chain rather than creating departments and silos.
- Continuous improvement – continually finding ways to make improvements, no matter how small.
- Respect for people – valuing the expertise of people who know their work.
All our manufacturing courses benefit from the same approach to identify and reduce waste. However, we also focus on critical requirements within the industry such as supply chain processes, and Workplace Health and Safety. While the core of the training remains the same, the specifics around the delivery can change to meet your industry needs.
These courses are delivered in the workplace by experienced staff and use workplace improvement projects as the practical and hands-on learning process. Projects are tailored to real areas of improvement within the workplace, allowing participants to apply their learning to real life situations.
MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices
MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices
MSM40116 Certificate IV in Process Manufacturing
PMA30120 Certificate III in Process Plant Operations
PMA40116 Certificate IV in Process Plant Technology
BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
How to Apply
Please make sure you have read all the course information about units of study, duration, entry requirements, assessment information, job prospects etc.
1. To register your interest in a course: click on the ‘Register Your Interest’ link and complete the information required on the form.
2. A Now Training representative will contact you shortly to discuss your application.
3. You are required to attend a pre-training interview which includes a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment and complete the eligibility declaration form (in the case of students applying for Skills First Program Funding).